Gum disease, also referred to as periodontal disease, is a serious disorder in the mouth caused by infected gum tissue that decays away over time. Typically, gum disease is caused by poor oral hygiene and the lack of proper cleaning habits daily. Gum disease can lead to painful and costly effects because of the neglect. That is why it is important to understand the signs of gum disease, so you can correct this health issue before it’s too late. For starters, here are a few tips about spotting gum disease:
– Do your teeth appear loose or wobbly?
– Are you taking any medications that list dry mouth as a symptom?
– Do you frequently bleed when brushing or flossing?
– Do you have substantial amounts of plaque buildup around your teeth and gums?
– Do your gums looking like they are pulling away from your teeth exposing more surface area of your teeth?
– Are your gums regularly sore or tender to the touch?
– Do you have bad breath symptoms that continue to come back?
– Are your gums swollen, bleeding, or visibly more red than normal?
If you think you have gum disease, please call Witty Family and Cosmetic Dentistry so we can get you in to see Dr. Casey Witty and our team as soon as possible. Our office is located in Nicholasville, Kentucky, and we can be reached at 859-881-4633. Make time to improve your smile for lasting happiness.