Did you know that diabetes can drastically change your oral health as well as later your needed oral health care? For a better understanding of the basics of diabetes and its effect on your oral hygiene, here some important facts to contemplate:
– Diabetes can cause a delayed recovery time with any oral ailments you may suffer from.
– Nearly 10% of the US population has diabetes, as it is much more common than you think, and thus dentists are trained to help assist those with diabetes properly with their oral health care.
– A combination of regular dental visits and a great oral hygiene routine will improve the quality of your oral health care if you are suffering from diabetes.
– Infections like gum disease can increase blood sugar, which in turn makes diabetes more difficult to handle.
– Diabetes can cause you to have less saliva and lead to dry mouth symptoms, which can increase your risk for tooth decay and gum disease.
If you would like to set up an appointment to discuss your possible oral health care treatment with Dr. Casey Witty and our team at Witty Family and Cosmetic Dentistry, please call 859-881-4633 to set up a visit to our dentist office in Nicholasville, Kentucky. With the help of our team, the pathway to a better smile can be yours.