Our team at Witty Family and Cosmetic Dentistry remains committed to your oral health care and any services our dentists can provide. As you embark on a quest to keep your oral hygiene at its peak all year long, be aware of the things that can wreak havoc on your smile beyond just tooth decay and gum disease.
Protect your teeth and gums so that they can continue to serve you well for many years to come. Avoid these everyday dangers that can damage your smile:
– If you play any sports or engage in any exciting stunts, always make sure to wear a mouth guard or facemask. A single shock to the head can easily knock out multiple teeth or fracture your jaw.
– Biting on your nails could potentially chip or crack your teeth, not to mention the added risk of all sorts of bad bacteria and germs being presented to your mouth.
– Never attempt to open things with your mouth. This is an easy way to give yourself an oral injury and break or fracture a few teeth.
– Tongue piercings may seem stylish and cool for many but a single wrong move could spell disaster for your lips, teeth, and gums. Metal shards can break loose and become choking risks or chip and crack your teeth.
– Bruxism, which is a disorder where you unconsciously grind your teeth, can slowly wear down your teeth over time. Witty Family and Cosmetic Dentistry can offer treatment plans for bruxism.
If you need to schedule an appointment with Dr. Witty and Dr. Watkins at our office in Nicholasville, Kentucky, please call us at 859-881-4633. We would be happy to help you with all your oral health care needs!